Sunday, September 23

More often than not, it always takes some drastic event before we all appreciate the little things in life.

It's been a week since a church member was being called home to the Lord. And his family came for service today, where his wife gave thanks for the support rendered during the funeral by all the church members. The kids were all back in church. And kids being kids, somehow the two younger ones were still smiling as usual. Except for the oldest boy, who looks the same little shy boy he is.

Well it's things that we see happen to people closer to us that shakes us and makes everyone realise how lucky we all are, to be able to enjoy the simple things of life. Having a meal with the family, being able to move around on our own, being able to smile etc. Thank God for the little things that are in essence the really important things that anyone will ever need.

My mom was sharing how this loss for the family turned out to be a lesson for her Sunday school class. I also had a discussion about this with my BS group yesterday. Yeah, it's such things that causes us to take count of the many blessing that we all have.

Riches and glory are but transient things we may or may not enjoy on earth. As I'm typing these, I'm also overhearing my grandpa's conversation with my uncle about how lucky he is to enjoy his travels. Other relatives around his age are starting to deteriorate, and see their physical bodies age. Those who were considered more lucky and blessed than him in the good old days because of their riches, are now stuck at home trying to cling onto whatever things that they have left. Those who are rich also face their giants - having big bungalows but yet see their family members trying to sell the home because no one lives there anymore except for the elderly and the maid. I even wonder how can any child conceive such a thought. Weren't they the ones who enjoyed the comforts of the house purchased with their parent's hard earned money?

Whatever it is, I'm just loving the ordinary life that I have right now. Nothing that I want to change. I'm lovin it!

And this song always rings in my head when I head off for work in the morning..

ANGEL IN DISGUISE

I woke up this morning feeling kind of blue
and I stumbled out of bed
and dragged my feet across the room
Right outside my front door was a rose
and a note that said 'Somebody Loves You'

But out on the street it starts to pour
and before I get soaking wet,
A total stranger runs to give me
the jacket off his back
I turn around to thank him
But he waves me with a smile
I can hardly believe my eyes
He puts on a halo and starts to fly

Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look at Paradise
You could be next to
an angel in disguise

I met a good friend for lunch
and we had a delicious meal
But I forgot to bring my wallet
I felt like an imbecile
But she was sweet, she gave me a treat and
Bought me a chicken sandwich
To take home for tea

But out on the street with nothing to eat
A man and his shopping cart go
Travelling to places,
Collecting social graces
I give him my sandwich
and we chatter for a while
I see a rainbow wash over his eyes
He gives me his halo and
I start to fly

Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look for Paradise
You could be next to an angel in disguise

Don't try to hide away from me
I know you're by my side

Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look for Paradise
You could be next to
an angel in disguise
Everyday can be legendary
Every minute, an endless surprise
You could be the next angel in disguise

I woke up this morning
Feeling kind of new.

No comments:

Post a Comment