Wednesday, March 14

Looking back at the past months (from pregnancy to delivery, and now looking after Jon for 9 weeks), I realise how important it is to have a close walk with Christ. There's nothing humans can do about life. No matter how intelligent or well-informed we may be, there is a huge limitation to our abilities. But not with God.

How did Jonathan come to being? It's not by our actions, but God allowing it to happen. It never fails to amaze me as I wonder how did a single cell transform into a life form that can smile, cry and interact with us. Isn't God amazing?

While it can be stressful at times trying to decipher Jon's cries and meet his needs, I think the journey thus far has made me grow. The maternity leave has provided windows of opportunities to go back to Scripture, prayer and listening to God. From praying for little thing such as "God help Jon to sleep within the next 15mins so that we can all sleep", to slightly bigger things like "God please increase my milk supply to meet Jon's growing needs", to even bigger things like "God, watch over Jon's physical, mental, spiritual and intellectual development. Help him to be a happy person, who loves God and the people around him."

I don't really expect Jon to completely look after Pork Chop and I when we grow old because the world will be a different place, and life will get more challenging for the next generation. I just pray that we can be self-sufficient elderly, surrounded by a warm and loving family, and that our children will be God-fearing and righteous. But before we even get there, my prayer is that God grants such much wisdom, strength and patience to nurture this "gift of God" (i.e. Jon) in His ways. We will be dutiful in planting and entrust the 'growing' in God's hands.

1 Corinthians 3:6-7