Have been learning simple drums from David Alfred in church recently. It's some drums and guitar class that the church band has initiated recently. Obviously I opted for drums - wanted to learn back in sec sch but Nat said to gather more ppl to form a class, which didn't materialize in the end. So here I am, going for drums with some other ppl in church. Some from YZ and also my uncle. Hahha it's kinda strange to be learning drums with my uncle, who always look so serious. Apparently my mom says her two brothers were rock lovers when they were younger. Haha which explains why I always so CDs of those funny bands like Deep Purple and Scorpion in their houses.
Drums totally rocks! Not that I'm good at it, but somehow I've always been intrigued and facinated by drummers. How they can create this whole different vibe to music just with some percussion instruments. So far, I can only do the simplest style. Nothing fanciful. I still can't coordinate when they require both legs to move. Hahha, my motor skills are limited. We'll see whether I can do it by the end of the course. Hee.. Maybe my roots are still in the making of melody with the piano. Hahah, not that I'm also good at it. Always hid around by asking Joe/Xian to tune their guitars louder during worship back in those days when I was still in church band.
Church band. Guess I'm facing a huge huge inertia to getting back there to play during service. Cut the story short, I am very thin-skinned.
But whatever, I'll still just learn drums for fun first. Hahah..
Listen to Planetshakers @ www.planetshakersusa.com or www.planetshakers.com. An Aussie band tt's kinda nice, altho it resembles Hillsongs. Maybe I'll drag ppl to go with me to their next stop in SG from 28-29July.
No comments:
Post a Comment