Thursday, June 10

Do bosses know how mch work we have on our plates and are they
reasonable enough to push away less important things? We are short on
headcount and yes effort has been made to hire. But the fact is that
we are still short handed in the interim. Why still ask for so much to
be done?! I've already said that I cannot turn around my work fast
enough.. :( I've even been blatant enough to ask them which piece of
work is more important and how fast thy want to turn around. Blah. All
so idealistic.

How to make bosses talk to one another since I've got multiple pieces
of work and reporting to more than 4 bosses during this period?!

It's not as if we are doing something which is SOP and we just need a
pair of hands to get the job done. More often than not we are talking
about dealing with situations we've not dealt with before, and so
require brainstorming. Argh. Brainstorming takes so much work and mind
juices!

This is probably a spur of the moment comment but I'll still say it. I
wished I was inconsiderate, selfish and not a team player. Just opt
for going on fed course and just extend for a holiday. Then I could
perhaps avoid all of these mental stress and not have more white hair.
But I also know of someone who wished she's not going so that she
doesn't have to uphold some gentlemen's agreement to stay on for
another 6months. Well done deal and there is no point complaining cos
I will still be around and deal with all of these in my stride.

As me and my sad colleague always say - suck it and just do! :(