My parents possess the most amazing ability to drive me absolutely nuts and just shell shocked at what they can do to make me pant with frustration.
At every stage of the wedding preparation (and I really mean EVERY) they come up with ridiculous ideas about how things should be done, utter things to other people without first checking if that is what they should say or whether we've made the necessary preparations, nag that I've not done any planning (c'mon we've done A WHOLE LOT of planning way before they heard it. I just didn't wanna bore them with the details or go through the hassle of convincing them that things should be done a certain way which is most efficient) etc etc etc.
I know they are excited that, well, firstborn getting married and all. But c'mon, I'm getting married and I HAVE A BRAIN to think and work everything out. Pete and I have done soooo many other ppl's wedding that we know off the top of our minds how to do all these things. Go and see if any other couple is as chill out and well prepared as us. I bet you never find any others.
It's really freakingly irritating that they will pop up with the most ridiculous matters that makes me look at them and go "WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING".
Argh, I will deal with what I can and leave them to deal with those beyond me..
Spoil my otherwise happy nite when I just drove home and smiled stupidly when listening to our 2nd march-in song over the radio. Wanted to blog about happy stuff but this stupid thing just drove me nuts and changed the whole tone of this blog entry..