Thursday, August 23

I attempted to kick start my daily devotional time by bringing an old copy of the Daily Bread in my bag to read on my commute to and from work (of course this can only happen when the train isn't too crowded and I have space to hold a little book).

Today is my first day reading and I feel so ashamed of myself - how can I not read God's Word or seek Him each day, yet utter prayers asking for God's protection over my family and for Jon to grow into a godly man?!

It made me realize how much I miss those moments of digging into scriptures over long periods of time when I was studying. Yes, it's very very challenging to do this at the same scale now that time is tight when juggling work and family time. But that shouldn't be an excuse right? Jesus didn't say He had no time for God even with His massive preaching and healing schedules while walking on earth. So how can I say this?

I suppose it's a matter of reviewing my daily schedule and working something out. For now it seems the daily commute is a very good time. Hope that I will press on my daily devotionals! :)